7/15/13

What To Do?

So I had an experience at work that I wasn't sure how to handle.  It was nothing I did. It was more that I didn't know what to do.  Without going into any details of the situation, I hope you can follow along. The situation itself wasn't my issue. It was my reaction to the situation that I want to talk about.  

So there was a situation at work and I was cleared (huge sigh of relief). But then the pressure was on my co-worker who I really really really like (just saying). Anyway, she was stressed and frustrated and who knows what else was running through her mind.  She was trying to resolve the issue and the longer it took, the more stressful things became.  

What I noticed about myself was that I didn't know what to do with myself.  It was a very common feeling for me. One I haven't felt for a while but I'm very familiar non the less.  I just wanted to disappear.  I couldn't help, so I didn't know what to do.  I didn't know where I should stand or if I should sit.  I didn't want to do anything that would make her more frustrated by standing and making her feel like I was standing over her.  I didn't want to sit and have her annoyed because I wasn't helping. But truthfully there wasn't anything I could have done at that point.  Just so you know, the situation was resolved completely before we left for the day.  

At one point I recognized this awful feeling and I was so glad I don't live with this feeling constantly anymore.   I know this sounds silly, but I truly didn't know what to do with myself during is time.  I don't experience this feeling often anymore which I'm so thankful for.  But do you have any suggestions for me that I can use the next time I feel like I want to disappear?  I look forward to hearing your ideas as well as if you've felt the same. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished