7/23/13

You Got Your Haircut!

I've gotten a lot of hairs cut!  And I love it. It was a drastic change. It was not an impulsive decision. I have wanted short hair for years. 

I went in to my stylist and told her, "I want it short, spikey and sassy"'. Before long my hair was on the floor and I had a new look. My new hair style completely changed my looks. I didn't recognize the woman staring back at me in the mirror. It was even more scary now...I wasn't sure if I liked it, what if no one else likes it?

What prompted this change?  Like I said, I've wanted to cut my hair for years. But for many reasons have not. But last week, I was talking to someone who shared an interesting perspective. Of course I know it's only hair and it will grow back. But this person said" you should do it. Then you will never again be able to say...I've always wanted to...".  

That was all it took. I didn't want to be able to say "I've always wanted to" for one more day. So I got my hair cut. And I DO love it. Not everyone does but I've learned not to care. You don't have to like my hair. In fact it's ok if you don't but I ask that you refrain from telling me so. 

Cutting my hair seems to have been another milestone in moving forward for me. It may not make much since but I swear since I've let go of the length, I am much more confident. I feel stronger, more able, I believe in myself. Crazy huh?  It doesn't have to make sense to be true.  

My question for you is have you ever done something for yourself that changed how you felt about yourself?  Please share...

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished