8/28/13

Enter Mommy Guilt...

Here it is...more mommy guilt. I love my job which is a blessing because I have to work whether I like my job or not. But my job requires long hours. And I feel like I'm missing out on so much with my kids. 

I can't make it to soccer or hockey practice. I work through horse lessons. Last night I missed Open House at my daughters school and next Tuesday I will miss Open House for my son. 

I have some flexibility with my job. For example I am able to drive my children to school every morning. But I work most evenings. And I feel guilty. I don't want them to think its because I'm not interested or that I'm not involved in their lives. I'm just doing what I need to do to pay the bills. 

I've told them that I would rather be with them and run them to activities. My son says he understands. "I know you have to work so we have a place to live and food to eat". But it's still hard. 

I think when they hand you the baby in the hospital, they also pass along a hefty dose of mommy guilt that lasts a lifetime. What do you think?  If you've been in my shoes, how did you make it work?  

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished