3/25/16

5 Signs I'm Getting Old

The following is a short list of reasons I know I'm "getting old".

1. I just celebrated my 39th birthday. Although pushing 40 makes many people shutter, I'm happy to admit that I love birthdays and I don't feel like 40 is old, it just sounds old.

2. Many of my co-workers are fresh out of college. I graduated from college 16 years ago!

3. I drink a lot less coffee than I did 4 or 5 years ago. Not only do I drink less coffee, I no longer enjoy the flavored coffee or creamers. Please pass the regular coffee with a little sugar topped off with half and half and I'm a happy girl.

4. My son tends to speak in another language. No matter how hard I try to follow along, I often find I have no idea what he is saying and look around for a translator.

5. My hair is becoming more and more Sparkly. There are some people who choose to say they have gray hair but I choose to believe my hair is Sparkly. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Getting older is a privilege. I look forward to watching my kiddos grow into the adults they will become. I also look forward to the many adventures I will have as each year passes. Sometimes, I have the aches and pains that come with aging but for the most part I'm ready for each new day and I am going to enjoy all the little things along the way.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished