3/23/16

Ready to Write Again

Every day, on Facebook, I get an "On This Day" notification. I don't remember how I started getting this notification but I really enjoy it. Most of the time. Every once in a while, I get a reminder of days I've put behind me and would be happy to forget about. More days than not though, I see adorable pictures I posted of my kiddos over the years and I smile at the memories while I wonder where the years have gone. I also see old posts from Java Talk. I have found myself reading these posts. And each time, I have been surprised by how much I miss writing.

My life is still full of daily lessons. I am still learning so much about myself and the world around me. So I'm just going to do it...I'm going to get back to writing Java Talk. It's going to be different because my life today is nothing like the years when I began this blog. I hope you will take a few minutes and follow along.

As I mentioned, life for me is very different today. And if you ask me, that's for the better. I have a career, I balance a budget and pay my own bills. My kiddos are becoming more and more independent and continue to amaze me in new ways. I am in a healthy relationship where I am valued and accepted as I am. And I have an overall contentment with where I find myself today and the people who are in my life.

My depression is a memory. I have no idea if the darkness is gone forever or just for now but I'm changed because of it. I have lived through what I hope are my darkest days and I see things so differently today. Mostly, I'm thankful. I'm thankful for my success. As a woman. As a mother. As a professional. I'm thankful for life, for every day I get to experience. Not every day is great but it is a new day that I am privileged to have and for that I am thankful. I'm thankful for good health, mine as well as my loved ones.

I used to think my life was busy but my life now is a whole new level of busy. There are no more play dates, now we are off to the barn or the ice hockey rink. Now I have my kids only every other week. Now I live in two homes as we work to combine two families. Now I work full-time. Now my house isn't spotless and I don't always cook from scratch. But now I know the woman in the mirror so much better. I am better able to balance the many things of this life that pull me in so many directions. My life has definitely changed and there are still so many things for me to learn and share and I am going to do this through Java Talk.

I'm excited about this new journey, both in my life as well as with Java Talk. Thank you for reading this post. Please read, comment and join me on this adventure.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments :

  1. So glad that you are back! Loving the new you and the happiness that radiates from you, daily.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Get Polished