4/11/16

Happy National Pet Day!

Loving animals is not a requirement to exist in this world. It doesn't make you a bad person if you aren't an animal person. I definitely fall into the animal lover category. For me, I want to hug 'em and squeeze 'em all over. I believe I could get attached to a dust bunny if it was there long enough. I think you are able to see where I'm coming from.

Currently, I have two cats although I did have a greyhound who I adored that has crossed over the Rainbow Bridge. Today I want to take a quick minute and share my girls with you in honor of this fun day. They are very different. And my relationship with them is different. But I love these them both very much.

This is Maisy. She is my "heart kitty". When my depression was at its worst, I brought this girl home and we were inseparable. When I could hardly function and was so overwhelmed by every little thing, she curled up on my lap and purred away. It was so uncomplicated and comforting. To this day, if she thinks I'm upset, she runs over and starts rubbing against me and "talking" to me. The funny thing is, she thinks I'm upset anytime I take short, quick breaths...and these days, it's almost always because I'm laughing, not crying! Maisy is my joy. In fact, my favorite night time ritual starts once I've settled into bed, she chirps just seconds before she jumps into bed. Then she curls into a ball pressed into my armpit and falls asleep while purring.





This is Chloe. Chloe was an abandoned kitten. Not by choice. The story is her mom and litter mates were hit by a car and she was the only one that survived. Chloe wants to be near me but she doesn't really want to be touched. This was a challenge for me but I learned quickly that she is most comfortable being close by. It's ok for her to lean on me but she doesn't really want to be held. Ok, so she definitely doesn't want to be held, haha. Chloe makes the kids and I laugh because she collects my daughter's toys and drags them through the house. You never know what you'll find on the floor in my house. I find it entertaining as well as endearing.
See the my little pony in the top right of the picture? That was Chloe, I learned a long time ago to put my toys away when I am done.




Saying goodbye when our pets are ready is heart breaking and so difficult. But I cannot imagine daily life without the little signs of Maisy and Chloe in my house. Right now, my lifestyle is not appropriate to bring home a dog. When things settle down, then we will get a dog to add to our madness.

How about you? Can you relate to the healing friendship of a fur baby? Have you always had pets around? What does your pet do that makes you smile?


-Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment :

  1. I can definitely relate... It is such a good feeling to have your pet meet you at the door when you get home from a long day at work. They let you know you were missed and are loved.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Get Polished