4/4/16

How to Leave a Comment

I am so happy to be writing again. I really enjoy rambling on about whatever comes to mind. Although, it's not as easy as I just made it sound, haha. I love that each post is different. Some are short and meant to be funny while other posts are longer and my goal is to work through an issue that is weighing on my mind.

I get a rush when I can look at the "stats" of Java Talk and I can see how many people have tuned in to read what little old me has shared for the day. I'll be honest, I couldn't figure out how to design this blog to allow comments from my readers. And I would LOVE comments from my readers.

So I decided to play around with this some more this afternoon. If you, my most favorite reader (yes, you) would like to respond to a post, I believe this will work. Please, please, please give it a try so I can find out if it works.

1. Read Java Talk. Every word. Chuckle, Nod your head in understanding or grab the occasional tissue.

2. Below the post, is the phrase "No Comments:" This is an in your face reminder that I have no comments. No room for misinterpretation. Zero comments.

3. Click on those nasty two words, "No Comments:" and an amazing thing happens! A huge box appears and you (my awesome readers) can insert your comment (which I cannot wait to read!).

4. Before you close the box....be sure to hit the Publish button :)

5. Once you've left a fantastic comment, you can do one more thing that will make my Blogger Heart happy. Please share the link to Java Talk. Via email, Facebook, Google +, smoke signal...whatever works for you. I'm not saying every post, only the posts you think someone else would enjoy. Posts with higher traffic let me know what you would like to read more about.

Seriously, thank you so very much for reading Java Talk. I enjoy posting regardless of having one reader (thanks Mom!) or 120 readers (which has definitely happened :). The more feedback I get from my reader community, the more fun I think Java Talk will be for all of us!

-Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

12 comments :

  1. Just wanted to let you know that it doesn't allow you to click on the words "no comment", however, just below that are the words "leave a comment" which you can click on to leave a comment. Keep up the great work, I LOVE reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Judy. I was able to access the comments the way I described but I am also the blogger so I wasn't sure how it worked for the a reader. Thank you so much for the correction.

      Delete
  2. Dawn, I'm glad that you are back! I read it whenever you post even if I don't comment. I love hearing and seeing how well you are doing!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meredith, it feels great to be writing again. I am humbled that anyone would want to read what I have to say. I appreciate that you enjoy reading Java Talk. Keep reading :)

      Delete
  3. I enjoy reading your blog... And you are welcome! 💁🏼

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Dawn it's a joy to read your blog and I look forward to it each time. Keep it up and I'll share it when the situation fits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's great that you follow. I understand that what I share doesn't always apply. When it does, I'd love to hear from you.

      Delete
  5. I enjoy reading your blog. So glad you are writing again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you enjoy reading Java Talk. Please let me know any time you read something you like in the future.

      Delete
  6. I'm a blog stalker. I usually read them, but rarely comment. But I'd be happy to comment on a few to get your google rating up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Jamie. Thank you for reading. It's been fun to read these comments to see who reads. Thank you for the comment and keep reading :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Get Polished