4/20/16

I've Always Wanted To...




When I was in high school, I took a pottery class. We made many projects throughout the class and the entire time I knew I had to throw at least on piece on the wheel. This intimidated me so much that I put it off until the very last project I made.

What I found out was that I loved working with clay on the wheel. The way the wet clay felt. The forgiveness of the clay if I pressed too hard. How it changed shape right before my eyes with the slighted change in touch. Honestly, I have no idea what that project looked like once it was completed but I still remember how much I enjoyed the process. I also remember how much I regretted putting it off until the end. I could have been working on the wheel for months, but because I let my insecurities rule, I missed out. I did that to myself.

I have always wanted to take a pottery class again and still have not found the right time to do it. Over the years, I've thought of that pottery wheel often when I've faced something new or intimidating. I hope that some day it will work out where I have the chance to do it again. But if not, I'm thankful for such a visual illustration that evokes real memories that remind me I do not want to miss out.

What have you been too insecure to try only to find later that you wish you had tried it sooner?




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments :

  1. Replies
    1. I remember trying Archery at camp. It was fun. You should try it. If you do, make sure you wear a guard on the inside of your arm...you'll thank me. Thank you for sharing!

      Delete

Blog Design by Get Polished