5/12/16

Feel The Rain On Your Skin...




Feel the rain on your skin, no one else can feel it for you. Only you can let it in.
- lyrics from Unwritten by Natasha Bedingfield

Unwritten is an all around great song. But I have always l loved these lines. This song has been out for several years. As I started to become more self aware, of my sadness and the pain that comes with depression, these words really began to ring true for me. I was living in a numb state and these words were pointing to the idea that I have to participate in the emotions of my life. I was missing out on so much life because I was trying to avoid the bad feelings.

All experiences, good and bad are experienced individually. What I hear, see and feel may be completely different than what you experience. In fact, to some degree it will always be different. Because we filter our emotions through the experiences we've already lived through.

It has been raining here in Central PA for days. I'm tired of the damp air. I miss the sunshine. I'm ready for the dreary to move on to another week. But I choose to "feel the rain on my skin". The rain gets old but it serves many purposes. Literally as well as figuratively. The sun will shine again. Here in PA. In life, the sun will always shine again as well. Just like I had to choose to participate in the emotions of my life, I will also choose to wait for the sun to return to its rightful place in the sky. The rain will pass. And when the new growth of Spring is in full force, I'll benefit from all this rain.

Feel the rain on your skin...no one else can do it for you...only you can let it in...

Take a moment today and be mindful of what you are experiencing. Life goes by so quickly. We don't want to miss out on the things that matter. Not because it hurts. Or because we are too busy. Not for any reason. This is our life, today, here, now....enjoy!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished