6/30/16

Choosing Kindness to Self




It is so easy to get down on yourself. Once the tape starts playing it can be on "repeat" before you know it. Over and over we hear the negative self talk. As we compare ourselves to those around us or the "perfect person" we think we should be, we let those harsh words in our minds keep putting us down.

I would imagine that not everyone will know what I'm talking about. But I'm pretty I sure there are many people who are very familiar with the this self-destructive cycle. Something I've learned, is that I have to be kind to myself. Actually, I have to choose to be kind to myself. For me, over the past few years this has become easier. But I still have moments, sometimes days where I have that awful negative tape playing in my mind.

It's not easy but it is so important that we learn to recognize those harsh thoughts. That we realize that in most instances, they are not truth. And even if they are, we have the power to make the choices that will change that truth. We need to be kind to ourselves. As cheesy as it sounds, we really DO need to learn to love ourselves. If you can achieve this, I believe it is so much easier to find peace and contentment in life. If you can stop that tape before it gets stuck on repeat, you have a chance to change your attitude. The attitude towards a situation, your day and sometimes, the attitude towards life in general.

Life is hard. There are good times and bad times. It's in those hard times we tend to be our worst enemies. Latching on to anything that proves our faults make us less than perfect. Truth is, perfect isn't real. It's an idea that people can project an image of. But it isn't real. That is what we need to remember. We need to strive to be our best self. And we need to learn to love ourselves, flaws and all. When we are kind to ourselves we can stop the negative talk. Being kind allows us to accept our "imperfections". We can work to become better at some things. And the other things, we can learn to accept as part of who we are.

I challenge you today, to be aware of any negative self talk. And I want you to make the effort to be kind to yourself. You deserve it.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished