6/24/16

Fun Party Craft For Girls




My youngest is having a birthday very soon. My baby is going to be 10. As in 10 years old. I've been through this once before, I know it will be ok. As I was thinking ahead to her upcoming birthday party I started to question what activities I need to organize for a group of (gulp) 10 year old girls.

When my kiddos were younger, we were trapped in that awful ritual of buying all these cheap toys to put in a party bag to send home with the friends. I was never a huge fan of receiving these bags or making these silly bags. It always seemed like such a waste of money for such junk.

Anyway, I was thinking about all these things when I realized, the girls are old enough now to MAKE their party favor! I felt like such a genius. So I headed straight to Pinterest (shocker, I know) for ideas.

I found the perfect project for these kiddos. Each girl will get the first initial of their name and they will wrap it in yarn designed to get an ombré effect. Ombré is where color gradually changes, typically it is several shades of the same color. So with my idea in mind, I headed to the local Hobby Lobby to get my supplies.

I needed the initial for each girl. Craft glue. Yarn in varying colors. I went with two shades of pink and two shades of purple. And for a final detail, I bought little ribbon flowers to decorate the finished product.

I was all set when I thought, I should probably make one ahead of time to make sure it's as simple as it looks. So I headed back to the aisle to grab my own "something" to wrap in yarn. I didn't want to make my initial, first name or last. So I decided to get a cross. I paid for my materials and headed home.

If you are anything like me, you know I went home and started my project right away. By the end of the night, I was finished. And I was very happy with how it turned out.


The curved tips were a bit challenging but I don't believe the girls will run into the same issue with their letters. If we hit any tricky parts, I'll be there to work through them.

I think this is going to be a great craft and the girls will really enjoy making something so pretty for themselves. That's my hope anyway. I'm looking forward to seeing how they turn out. Stay tuned and I'll post pics of the finished projects after the party.



Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments :

  1. It turned out beautifully :)

    Wishing you a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm looking forward to seeing how the party favors go :)

      Delete

Blog Design by Get Polished