6/21/16

I Have Crappy Days Too




I post lots of happy thoughts on Java Talk. If you haven't started following Java Talk on Facebook, check it out. I try to post an inspirational quote each week day.

This may seem cheesy to some. That's ok. I put a lot of thought into the quotes I post as well as the pictures that are behind the quote. I wanted to take a moment to share that I do this as much for me as I do it for any readers. I love learning that people I know and people I've never met, read what I write. I really can't describe how it feels to know that people connect with what I have to say. But it's a great feeling.

Life is good for me today. Great really. And I'm thankful for that. Today I want you to know, that even though I choose to focus on positive thoughts, it doesn't mean I don't have bad days. We all have bad moments. Bad days. Even bad years. Even me. If you've been reading Java Talk, you know I've suffered from severe depression. I still have bad days. Just like you.

These happy thoughts serve as constant reminders to me, that it's a new day, that bad things happen, that pain passes and that life is good. Life IS good. Sometimes it is an intentional choice. I've had enough of the can't-get-outta-bed-blues. I never want to go there again. Although I know that "happy thoughts" won't fix everything, it helps me to keep perspective so I don't become consumed by bad moments.

I hope these quotes make you smile. I hope something that I've shared comes to mind when you've had enough. I hope that sharing my experiences via Java Talk reminds us all we are not alone.

Some will find these quotes cheesy. I'm ok with that. I have good days and I have crappy days too. I'm thankful for every day. I need constant reminders that "this too will pass" and that "it will be ok". I hope you enjoy these bits of inspiration I pass along.

Have a great day! Thanks for reading Java Talk.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished