7/26/16

Letter To Me




Every once in a while, I feel reflective. Today is one of those days. I'm thinking about what I would say to my younger self. As different ideas were rolling through my head, I decided to ask a few of my co-workers what they would say to their younger selves. What they shared was very interesting.

The first things to come to mind, are listed below.

1. Do what you want to do. Go to school and be what you want to be. You will have to get up and go to work every day. You want to be happy with your choice.

2. Have more fun. Taking life too serious is stressful and it can rob you of the every day joys in life.

3. You are enough. You are enough in your school life. In your work life. In your relationships. You are you, you are great. And you are enough.

The most interesting thing about this little list is that although I only wrote down one of these myself. Both of the other thoughts are ones I've definitely said about my life more than once in the past. Three different individuals. Three different journeys. I find it fascinating that we would say very similar things to our younger selves.

What would you say to the younger you?




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

4 comments :

  1. Answer to yourself and God only. Figure out who you are and don't try to bend the mold to appease others. You will only sell yourself short!! Great post, Dawn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is inspiring...I think that we all need to write a letter to ourselves. I think I will do this as well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess mine turned out more to be words of wisdom rather than a structured letter, haha. I look forward to reading your letter!

      Delete

Blog Design by Get Polished