7/11/16

Such A Sad Time




There has been so much violence in the United States lately. The news is constantly throwing images and stories at us. Actually it's been going on for years. It comes and goes in spurts. Currently, we are in an actively violent phase. It's upsetting on so many levels.

I don't have any answers. I can't erase the violence. The pain. The fear. I just don't understand. I do not get this type of violence in our world where people have no respect for the value of life. Why do people think they have the right to take the life of another? Why?

Why do we all have to look the same? Or think the same? Or dress the same? Isn't that the beauty of America being the Melting Pot? Yes, there are challenges when you live among people who are different than you. But why is this so hard? I understand, different can be scary. It takes a little effort. But it can also provide us an opportunity to learn. Learn about another culture. Learn about what is important to the people around us. This is a great big world, with so much to offer. Why can't we be who we are without forcing our ways on each other?

I don't know. Like I said, I don't have the answers. I don't understand how any one person can feel they have "the right" to take the life of another. For any reason. How did we get to the place where we respect the value of life so little? It makes me sad. And scared. And angry. It makes me worry about my children growing up in this atmosphere, which will most likely continue to get worse.

It is overwhelming. Fear can cause panic which can and does lead to more violence. It needs to stop. We need peace. We need forgiveness. We need patience. We need healing.


Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished