8/2/16

Getting Creative To Get It Done




If we are friends in life, you will know I've started boxing again. I've already written about how much I've missed boxing over the past few years. For years I was a cardio junkie. Loved just about everything I did. Zumba, step aerobics, high interval training...and many more types of workouts. But then I discovered boxing and nothing else mattered to me. Couldn't keep my interest.

As I've already mentioned, I've missed the feel of the gloves. The sound of the punch connecting with the focus mitt. As well as the feel of the impact of the glove hitting hard.

I'll be honest. I have a bag. It isn't even filled. It's sitting in my garage. In the past I've included time on the bag into my workout. But over the past few years, the bag has yet to draw me in. Mostly because I like working out with a partner. But also, because it's an inconvenience to buy all the sand and actually fill the bag. I get the feeling I'll be filling it soon though.

Why am I writing all this? I'm writing because I wanted to share that sometimes when we want to do something, we have to be creative to make it happen. For years, I've missed boxing but I didn't have anyone to partner with. A gym membership is no longer in my budget. No boxing. End of story.

A few weeks ago, I had a great idea. Offer to teach my friends. Teach them how to throw punches as well as how to catch them. And then we can switch back and forth, both getting a great workout in. Everybody wins!

It's worked. Each week I hope to box two or three times a week. So far, there has been a lot of interest and I'm thrilled to be hitting again. In the last several weeks, I've met my workout goal each week. I love that my list of partners keep growing. This way my workout doesn't become a burden on someone else. The longer the list, the more likely there will be someone available to workout when it fits into my crazy schedule.

It took me a few years, but I got tired of "missing boxing". So I had to think outside the box. And it's paying off. What have you been putting off? What have you wanted to do but because you hit a proverbial wall, you continue to wish you could? I encourage you to get creative and find a way to make it happen. If I can do it, you can do it!




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished