8/9/16

You Know You're Old When...




You remember when the Internet was invented. I was talking to a co-worker and mentioned that I remember when the Internet became a "thing". I was in college when the Internet became popular.

I had heard of the Internet but did not understand it at all. I was very hesitant to use it because it seemed very scary. How does this computer that I type research papers on, actually know how to research information? I admit, I used it as little as possible.

I'm not sure when I started using the World Wide Web but now I use google countless times a day! We do so much different because of the Internet. People read less paper copy newspapers and magazines. Libraries now have digital books. And I'd guess that most research is done online as opposed to the searching through the card catalog and tracking down the smelly research book on the shelf.

As I finished laughing at my own expense while recalling my fear of the unknown, my co-worker responded with "don't tell people that, you don't look old enough to have lived that". And this statement made me laugh again! Which made me think of Java Talk and sharing this "remember when?" moment of before using the Internet was a way of life.

Do you remember before there was Internet? Were you hesitant like me or did you jump right in and begin the life of instant answers?


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished